Thursday, September 18, 2008

How do you look cute with a gi-normous prego belly?

Ok, so I had this heart to heart with my hubby last night about my fears of becoming a mommy, and how it might change me into this sweat pant wearing, sloppy sally type mom whom I see dropping off their kids at school each and every day (I live across from an elementary school). I know mommy hood is draining and far be it for me to criticize the lack of time and effort some moms put into their appearance... I am SURE I have no idea how hectic mornings are and have a rude awakening coming to me...hence my anxiety. Troy assured me that I could never be uncool as I am too vain...complement or not, it did make me feel better. I think right now, I am 8 weeks away from popping and all I see when I look in the mirror is maternity pants & oversized sweaters. This is just depressing...Plus it is fall - my favourite time of year and I LOVE to shop for all my fall essentials, except that I can't...I loathe the idea of spending yet more money on clothes I will only be wearing for 2 more months...I am caught in a conundrum.

So should I cover all my mirrors and become a hermit until I shoot this kid out or what? I was thinking a giant YES,until this morning...While zipping around the internet, procrastinating just a little bit, I came across this super cute blog all about fashion (http://theblackapple.typepad.com/somegirlswander/). I love her colour style and the way she layers her clothes to be super cute..it is just my taste! Sometimes all it takes is a little dose of coolness to get you moving in the right direction again...tomorrow is another day and I am going to get out of bed with avengence, put on my cutest accessories, pair a little frock with my new maternity leggings and perhaps a jaunty scarf to top off the look! I will not bow to the gym pant gods and succomb to my frumpyness...I will triumph!

No comments: